Pagine

Post piĆ¹ popolari

27 May 2016

TDA1387 x 4 DAC + 6N2P tube comes very close to TDA1541 devices!!!




...it comes in to my hand to be fixed...






...this remind me my TDA1541 DAC but something is different ....this is designed to work with SAA7220 digital filter .....

...oversampling or not oversampling , this is the question.....personally I find more pleasant and natural the sound of No Over Sampling


...TDA1387, 4 of them makes a TDA1541 this sounds funny but's almost true .....the sound is very close in my opinion.....but ,only more trained ears,can hear the difference between them......

...R-Core transformer...

...fixed , and now it works

...6N2P russian tube works very very good ........took off the chinese 6N2 found in the socket and the step up is done!




...I think it worth a try ......very natural sounding DAC based on a 4X oversampling design created for a TDA1541 and fitted for 4X TDA1387 ...I think it's a bit more open sounding chip with a tad less bassand very natural midrange, and 6N2P gives a nice 3D soundstage .
A 2weird2 anode feeding is done by a voltage moltiplicator very useful to reach high level of voltage despite low current , if the transformer is not enough well dimensioned .....anyway it sounds  good and its midrange is suprisingly natural .... it worth to give a try!!With some mods it would shine!!!


 NOTE:


TDA1387looks very similar to TDA1543 but it's a new bitstreaming concept....mmmmh it looks interesting .....and promising!!! ;)......follow me in my next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment