Pagine

Post piĆ¹ popolari

18 Sept 2011

Mods on a Sony CDP-195

Some people said that these cd-player are crap......maybe just cause they works around a sony CXD2552AQ DAC ......better don't forget that many good working high grade sony cd players works around this chip ;-)
Ok this is a consumer cd-player and original it sounds like a modest cd player: muddy, without details and lack of dynamic compared to my Marantz cd63 it flushed in a while by the shame!!!

Several aimed mods takes it to live and even the muddy slow bass start twisting and shaking and thx some super fast opamp also the voice get a great result being far more natural and pleasant....if we wanna search for a little flaw we just can say the treble are not so vibrant but at least they don't annoy in long listenings....
for sure now is far above any other average cheap CD-player with his outstanding response in medium frequencies..
..diana Krall....Patricia Barber gets both a warm natural and detailed voice.....
even reggae and dub get s an outstanding dynamic bass....you could easily find yourself tapping your feet on the floor!! ;-))


here u are some pics of this tweak:









if you like Sony devices see also:

8 comments:

  1. It looks good. But, if you retract three capacitor of direct circuitry signal (they stay near quartz generator), sound be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your precious advice! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, thanks for your website. I am interested for the modded cdp 195 but I am a newbie. What exactly the modifications you made on this cd player?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caio Maurizio I ' ve got this Sony cdp195 and I think you did a great Job on the player and also a great web I m interested the modifications can you help me please ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marco,
    you can achieve good result from this modd!
    I used only one opamp instead of 2 (MC33078 is my best compromise ) I used to bias it in A class by a couple of resistors connected between the output of each channel and negative supply......then I swapped several capacitors to my favourite and skipped any muting sistem.....and the sound took off!!
    Very detailed and dinamic now in one word musical!
    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tank You Maurizio Ciao!

      Delete
    2. Hi Maurizio tanks for your help Ciao!

      Delete
    3. I wanna do that mod, can u do a schematic for that? Thank you a lot!

      Delete